What better way to celebrate your first year than having a festival! Väsen celebrated in style this past weekend. While the weather may have been a little on the hot side, the beer was cold, and there was lots of...
- 04http://virginiabeerlovers.com/event/whistle-belly-festival/6:00 pm-11:00 pm08/04/2018Merchant Square400 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg, VA 23185, USA
Whistle Belly is back and better than ever! This year’s festival is moving to Saturday Night August 4th on Duke of Gloucester Street!
Crafted by DoG Street Pub & presented by the Junior Woman’s Club of Williamsburg.
40 breweries, 80 beers and delicious eats!
Drinks & all you can eat for only $50! Save up to $10 by purchasing in advance.
General Admission Tickets get access to the festival from 7pm to 11pm.
Get Early Access tickets to enjoy exclusive beers. With an Early Access ticket your festival begins at 6pm with access to food & beer including 10 beers only available to Early Access guests!
Early Access will include Beer from Alewerks, Bells, Founders, Hardywood, Billsburg, Commonwealth, Founders, Virginia Beer Company and More!
Food from Chef David Everett’s DoG Street Pub, Trellis Bar & Grill, Blue Talon Bistro, Culture Cafe & The Catering Company. Beer line up curated by Lauren Moore.
Raffle of gifts from breweries & local businesses.
Proceeds benefit local non-profits & scholarships to high school students via the JWCW.
Rain or shine
Tickets are non-refundable.
More details at www.Whistlebelly.com
- 04http://virginiabeerlovers.com/event/2nd-annual-brewhaha-at-the-virginia-museum-of-history-and-culture/6:00 pm-9:00 pm08/04/2018Virginia Museum of History & Culture428 N Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23220, USA
In the spirit of Virginia Craft Beer Month, the Virginia Museum of History & Culture will host its second annual “BrewHaHa” craft beer festival on Saturday, August 4. The event will feature beer selections from many of your favorite Virginia breweries, live music, and food options. We’re also introducing a new VIP event, “Battle of the Brews”, that showcases Richmond-area breweries’ renditions of a historic beer recipe from our collection. Don’t miss this chance to sip history! Attendees must be 21 years of age or older. All guests must have a ticket. No smoking, coolers, or outside food or drink. Event will take place rain or shine.
VIP tickets include admission to Battle of the Brews (4:30 – 6:00 pm) as well as admission to the main festival (6:00 – 9:00 pm)
General Admission is from 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Taste modern revamps from metro Richmond breweries of a historic recipe for lemon beer found in our archives. Try a sample from each brewery and vote for your favorite. Meet the brewers and learn about the process behind their creations.
Participating Breweries: Isley, Ardent, Castleburg, Champion, Hardywood, and Canon & Draw.
For more info and to purchase your ticket, go to www.virginiahistory.org/events
- 04http://virginiabeerlovers.com/event/workhouse-brew-fest-2/1:00 pm-8:00 pm08/04/2018Workhouse Brewfest9601 Ox Rd, Lorton, VA 22079, USA
Craft breweries, artisan distilleries, and Virginia wineries return to the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton for the third annual Workhouse Brewfest on Saturday, August 4, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
This unique event will feature live performances by the region’s most popular bands, unique food trucks, access to air-conditioned art galleries and artist studios, and the opportunity to taste some of the area’s most exciting beer, spirits, and wine.
The day will provide an unforgettable experience for every kind of beer lover – from the uber-knowledgeable beer geek to the casual drinker and those new to the world of craft beer. More details will be announced online at http://workhousebrewfest.org/
- 14http://virginiabeerlovers.com/event/trail-magic-beer-dinner-at-chow-restaurant-and-bar/6:00 pm-9:00 pm08/14/2018Chow Restaurant & Bar5103 Colley Ave, Norfolk, VA 23508, USA
Mark your calendars and get your tickets to enjoy a specially prepared menu paired with delicious Devils Backbone beers at this Trail Magic Beer Dinner hosted at Chow Restaurant and Bar in Norfolk VA!
Check out this menu!
Welcome Beer: Glitter Bomb
Heirloom Tomato Salad: Heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, and feta tossed with mignonette
Beer Pairing: Vienna LagerOysters 3 Ways: Smoked, on the half shell, and thyme-butter poachedBeer Pairing: Striped Bass Pale AleField Pea Hummus: Fresh local field peas and fresh herbs served with house made focaccia breadBeer Pairing: Gold Leaf LagerGrilled Bone-In Pork Chop: Served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes drizzled with a balsamic and fig reduction and then topped with pear and friseé blue cheese saladBeer Pairing: Eight Point IPAPeach Bruleé: Grilled peaches topped with fresh whipped cream and candied pecansBeer Pairing: Revenge of the Mariner
- 15http://virginiabeerlovers.com/event/devils-backbone-crafts-drafts/5:00 pm-8:00 pm08/15/2018Grain at The Main100 E Main St, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA
- Upgrade to a VIP ticket to the Fairfax Co Brewfest for free! August 1, 2018
- Oozlefinch Brewing in Hampton made beer with 200 year old yeasts (via The Virginia Pilot) July 31, 2018
- Väsen Celebrates Their 1st Anniversary With A Beer Festival! July 30, 2018
- Flights: Virginia Craft Beer Cup winners (via Virginian-Pilot) July 17, 2018