The Thomas Jefferson Craft Beer Tasting returns for its fourth year at Poplar Forest. Thomas Jefferson himself ventured into a scientific pursuit of brewing beer using local hops and malt, and served his brews with meals. Today’s resurgence of craft beers, ales and ciders would undoubtedly have pleased the president, to whom the 1804 tome American Distiller was dedicated.
Come explore one of Jefferson’s household “necessaries” – the pursuit of crafting and brewing beer. The tasting will feature eleven craft beer brewers, live music from The Steve Freeman Band and Sub-Radio, local artisans, and area food vendors. Tours of Jefferson’s retreat home will be available throughout the day for a discounted rate.
Advance Tickets for this event will be available soon.
Now Until April 14th At the festival
Non-Drinking Ticket $10 $10
Admission + 10 Tastings N/A $25
Admission + 20 Tastings $30 $35
- Tasting Admission includes a souvenir glass. *While supplies last.
- Admission + 10 Tastings is only available at the festival.
- Online tickets are available until midnight on April 14, 2017. Advance tickets available in the Museum Shop until 5 p.m. April 14, 2017.
- Tastings are approximately 4 oz. Maximum total number of tastings per individual is 20.
- Credit Cards are accepted at the front gate for entry into the festival.
- Must be 21 years and older to taste beer. The purchase of a tasting ticket requires proof of age at the gate.
- The beer tasting will occur rain or shine.
- No refunds.
- No outside food or drink is allowed on the property
For more info visit www.poplarforest.org